The MakerGear M3 is 3D Desktop Printer manufactured in Ohio, United States.
It’s a successor of the MakerGear M2 Desktop Printer. It comes with two options namely M3-SE which has a single extruder and M3-ID which has dual extruders.
Surprisingly it supports a large variety of materials namely- ABS, HIPS, Nylon, PET-G / T, PLA, Pc, TPE and TPU and other composites too.
It complies with a large variety of Third Party Softwares and also comes with a 1-year warranty.
Review of Ours:
Being an updated version of the MakerGear M2 Desktop 3D Printer the new MakerGear M3 is more efficient and precise about 3D printing.
Its Open Body Frame design makes really light and handy. Due to this innovative design, the 3D printer is very attractive to look into while the printing process is on.
In fact, the design to fit into office or workspace desks.
Its new Heated Build Plate can withstand temperatures up to 300 degree Celsius which makes it pretty much awesome.
It comes with stainless steel nozzles of different diameters and uses 1.75mm filament while printing. The build volume of MakerGear M3 is pretty large and it also has both single and dual extruders in it.
Its single extruder helps to bring out more accurate and distinct print, whereas the dual extruders help you with your print time issues and also allows the users to make a more colourful print by using multiple colours.
Its connectivity is unquestionable since it can connect with any computer or smart device. Its WiFi connectivity also works efficiently allowing the transfer of files in an easier way.
It supports printing from a variety of materials like Polycarbonate, Nylon, ABS, PLA, Wood and even Carbon Fire.
Based on customer reviews we got a clear picture of MakerGear M3. According to several customers, the M3 being an updated version of M2 proves that the updates we successfully executed.
Most of the customers find the dual extruder implementation has helped them to execute better and Colourful Builds. They also say that the open-source software and WiFi connectivity has just been the icing of the cake.
It has improved working efficiency and smoothness in connectivity with devices.
The presence of the new Dual Extruder setup and the better levelling of the print bed and resulted in better printing.
Key Features of MakerGear M3:
Along with the versatile properties of the printer, MakerGear M3 also features a lot of technical key features which we should highlight for better functionalities –
- It comes with an Open Source Octoprint Software system
- It has both USB and Wifi connectivity in it.
- It supports LAN connectivity
- It provides you with an automated level system.
- It can produce very much complex prints for you as it comes with a movable extruder.
- It supports a 24V power supply connection.
- It’s a completely wireless system.
- It provides you with max Z-Axis resolution
- It has a very efficient cooling system which works pretty well in practical scenarios
- It is equipped with the ability to use different nozzle Diameters and V4 hot end
- Its heated Build Plate and welded Steel Frame make it more efficient.
- It provides an Auto –Prep option to its users for preparing STL files.
Technical Specifications of MakerGear M3:
- Model No. – M3- ID ( Dual Extruders) and M3- SE (Single Extruder)
- Printer Type – FDM ( Fused Deposition Modelling)
- Manufacturer – Maker Gear
- Printing Tech.- FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
- Layer Resolution – 0.05mm
- Filament Diameter – 2.85 mm
- Printing Speed – 80 to 200 mm per second.
- Max Extruder Temperature – 300°C
- Max Platform Temperature – 110°C
- Filament Size – 1.75mm
- Nozzle Diameter – 0.35mm
- Dimensional Specs – 21 x 24 x 16.5 inches
- Build Volume parameters – 203 × 254 × 203 mm
- Connectivity Supports – USB, SD Card and WiFi.
- Software Supports – Simplify3D, OS Mac, Windows, Linux and other Third Party Softwares too.
- Open Filament – Yes.
- Temperature Control – Yes.
- Open Software – yes ( GNU GPL v3.0 )
- Open Hardware – yes it has one ( CC-BY-SA 3.0 )
- Slicer Software – OctoPrint
- Print Bed Type – Heated and comes with a removable glass surface with PEI
- Firmware – Modified Marlin
- Supported Material Types – ABS, PLA, HIPS, HDPE, TPU, PET, Polycarbonate and other composites too.
- Rating From Customers – 4.9 out of 5.
Detailed Explanation of Makegear M3 Features:
- It provides you with proper levelling – Its levelling is truly awesome and you will realise it once you start working on it. It doesn’t work with an auto levelling option, which is often frustrating for users. Rather it works in a very simple way to level the print base. Its Hardware, Software and Firmware are synchronized together to get precise accuracy for your prints.
- Wireless Control System – With its well-designed User Interface, Touch Screen Control System and Built-in WiFi System, it is never a hassle for its user to control this machine from anywhere. You can relax and control this machine from your favourite device by connecting it with the offered options. Now isn’t that awesome?
- Sturdy and Solid Construction – This printer provides its users with a strong and sturdy frame of stainless steel. Anyone using this printer would understand that its stable frame would be more stable while printing in comparison with the other light-weighted acrylic framed printers. This Solid construction also ensures the safety of the printer.
- Accuracy of Linear Motion – It comes with linear running rails for both X and Y-axis. It allows a smooth movement for both the axis. As a result of which you get more precise and accurate prints. This feature gives MakerGear M3 a unique touch, which many of the other printers in the market don’t have.
- Superb Cooling System – M3 has a whole new designed cooling system which works in a very effective way. What the new machine has done is, that it has reduced inner air friction and improved the distribution of air. This increases the cooling capacity of the printer to a whole new level.
- Accuracy of Dimensions – Getting an award for the dimensional accuracy the MakerGear M3 has already spoken for itself. Its dimensional accuracy is beyond questioning. It provides its user with a resolution of 20 to 350 mm on both external and internal features. It remains the same even for the inner holes and hinges. That is the level of perfection on offer.
- A variety of Print Materials can be used – When someone is using MakerGear M3, then there would be no worries about which filament to use while printing. The printer supports a wide variety of print materials namely: ABS, HIPS, Nylon, PET-G, PET-T, PLA, polycarbonate, PVA, TPU, TPE, metallic combination, wood combination, carbon fibre combination etc. With this much variety on offer, one can never face any issue with creativity or the availability of materials in the market.
Pros And Cons on Offer ( According to Customer reviews):
- MakerGear M3 offers great build quality of Prints for its users
- With its reputation and performance, MakerGear offers superb reliability for its customers.
- As a 3D printer it Precision is unquestionable. Its printing process offers superb precision.
- MakerGear has always been famous for its customer support. It remains the same for this product as well.
- Considering its performance and price together anyone gives this verdict that its obviously great value for money.
- With its features on offer and supports for a different software, it becomes incredibly easy to use for its customers.
MakerGear M3 3D printer has been a favourite product for anyone who is willing to buy a 3D printer in its price range. It designed flawlessly, so it is very hard to detect any cons of this product.
The only one we could find from a very few consumer reviews is that you might face some issues with its connectivity.
Few more Technicalities to talk about –
MakerGear M3 has a new Independent Dual Extrusion System which allows it to function in a better way.
It doesn’t channelize multiple filaments into a single extruder, which most commonly found on maximum Cheap Dual Extruder Systems.
Instead, it uses two separate print heads for printing purposes, which in result delivers Precision and accuracy in prints.
It is only 3D Printer in this price range which uses a Dual Drive Direct Extruder System.
This technology allows print heads to have less load on them while printing.
Due to this feature, the Printing Heads move with greater accuracy resulting in better Prints.
This particular System helps the user to change filaments and not worry about oozing molten Drops.
This technology stops the filament to melt at exact points and lets you change Filaments with ease. If the user is using the Minemo Mode of printing, then the dual extruders would start running at the same time.
As a result, the printing time for even a large build is divided into half.
It differs from most printers when it comes to The Linear movement of the print bed in both the Y and Z axis. Instead, it has a Borosilicate Glass Print bed, Coated with Polymite Film which moves only in the X-axis.
The print bed is reinforced with Kevlar belts, which allow better linear movements.
This printer also offers you with a 10 GB inbuilt space, which allows its users to upload 3D print models in huge numbers.
Surprisingly the Octoprint user interface works very efficiently in this printer and delivers superb quality prints. The plus point becomes the multi-device support, which lets you use a device of your choice.
Moreover, the UI is also Briliant with the SD card or USB supporting options.
MakerGear M3 proves that you can get efficient, persistent and quality products without paying a huge amount of money.
With the features like WiFi connectivity, USB support, Dual extruder setup with two separate printing heads, Kevlar-reinforced Linear Motion support, Open source Third-party Software support, Connectivity with multiple devices and also a Touch Screen Control base, it is an amazing product which offers great value for money.
It gives its customers two Machines in this line-up, which are M3-ID and M3-SE with a dual extruder and single extruder respectively.
This allows more people to like it because your options get wider.
Anyone who is looking for an efficient and updated 3D printer without spending a lot of money should not waste time looking for some other product in the market.
In this range, no other 3D printer can do the Printing job this efficiently with a huge level of versatility on offer. We have given the Amazon Links for both M3-ID and M3-SE bellow.
Feel free to click on those to know their present price. and that’s it for MakerGear M3 Review! Happy Printing!